Saturday, May 26, 2012

When Bak Kut Teh Meets West...



For those who ate Bak Kut Teh (who doesn't?) before, they are simply dime a dozen. But what about the fast food version of Bak Kut Teh? I'm talking none others than J Tean Kitchen's J-Pork Burger.  Located at the Lot G 58, SStwo Mall, No. 40, Jalan SS2/72, I first encountered this unique fusion of Bak Kut Teh pork burger through my friend's recommendation, which I personally found it a very interesting concept.


Priced at a reasonable RM7.90 which also includes some potato wedges, the pork patty in J-Pork Burger is quite thick. But upon my first bite, I found out the taste of Bak Kut Teh which is marinated inside the pork patty is rather bland for my liking. In fact, it seems that the pork patty overpowers the supposedly aromatic blend of Bak Kut Teh altogether. Lack of balance, I must say.


Although it isn't particularly mouth-watering as I would have thought at the first place, this J-Pork Burger remains a good try (at least once) for those who have bored of the usual burger commonly found in fast food chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment