Tuesday, May 22, 2012

HOT-STAR LARGE FRIED CHICKEN is REALLY large!


Until now, when comes to enjoy Taiwan's street snacks in Malaysia, there's none others than "Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks". And I didn't know there's a new kid on the block called "Hot-Star Large Fried Chicken", which has open an outlet here at 57, Jalan SS15/8A, Subang Jaya last December and a recent one at Level 1, Pavilion KL near Food Republic.

Apparently my brother told me that his colleague said this among the most popular Taiwan's street snacks is a must try, and so here I am finally get my taste bud working whether it's really worth all the buzz or not.

And so I've tried the Combo A, which is the "Signature and Best Seller Hot-Star Fried Chicken". The fried chicken looks similar like Shihlin's highly-popular XXL Crispy Chicken, but I find out that this Hot-Star version offers a bigger size than I ever imagined.


The Combo A set comes with a large fried chicken and a drink (either you can choose a can of Season's Ice Lemon Tea or a bottle of mineral water at a reasonable price of RM9.65), where you can choose your fried chicken to be seasoned either "original", "little spicy", "medium spicy" or "extra spicy". Well, I try the "original" anyway.

The good news is, the fried chicken is only done upon ordering but I also find out the service is slow. I've waited about 10 minutes for my meal to be done.

Upon having my first bite at this "signature" fried chicken, I kinda like it because it's less oily but the major gripe about this fried chicken is they really put a lot of seasoning powder that makes me feels awfully thirsty. Not even that can of Season's Ice Lemon Tea can quench my thirst. So be mindful that you seriously needs to drink A LOT OF WATER when eating this fried chicken!

Overall, the "signature" fried chicken is quite recommendable. Nothing really special though, but for that kind of large-sized fried chicken, it's still worth trying.

1 comment: