Tuesday, May 22, 2012

MADO Ice Cream!


Tagged as "The World's Best Ice Cream", Turkey's leading ice cream company, MADO has finally made its way to our local shores where you can find a shop outside Bukit Bintang Kuala Lumpur.

Being an ice cream lover myself, I was very curious about MADO since it's the kind of ice cream you don't get to taste anyway. I mean, the ice cream here are made from goat milk! So I give myself a try whether MADO is really worth the "World's Best Ice Cream" tagline or not.


Well, what I find in the menu for the ice cream selection, are luxuriously priced than the one you get from, say, Baskin Robbins. So I picked "Ice Cream My Way" where I can choose 4 flavors with a topping of your choice. I seriously spoilt with choice, thinking which flavors I opted to try and ended up picking Mango, Pumpkin, Chocolate Chips, and Blackberry with a chocolate topping.


Upon indulging my first scoop of the ice cream, I find out the texture is kind of chewy and sticky, which is of course, might alienated those casual ice cream lovers who used to creamy types. At first  I admit it takes a while to admire such different texture in this ice cream, but the natural (and especially those fruity) flavors are really something that ignites my taste buds. Another good thing about this ice cream is that they hardly melt like most ice cream do. As good as this ice cream is, the 4-scoop of "Ice Cream My Way" costs me a (somewhat overpriced) RM26.00. But at least it's worth a try for its uniqueness of MADO ice cream.

1 comment: